Head for Analytics

Monday, August 12, 2019

Condolences - Laura McAlpine

Condolences - Laura McAlpine

Rest in Peace, Laura. I shall never forget our laughs, hugs, your relentless, hilarious, teasing, and such an awesome summer of adventures. Goodnight, sweet friend.

Go, I bid the stars to fall quiet in her name, for surely she was bright to be well counted among them.




(Update)

One of my best and worst memories, we were deep into rehearsals, there were actually two casts, we were doing Cosi Fan Tutti. Like 2/3rds of the cast and both of us stage managers got knocked down by Swine flu that summer. but we all still had to be in rehearsal. So it was just bodies, laying all over the floor everywhere, trying to tag in and out of scene rehearsals, half-singing, working on dance moves, me hurridly recording notes and supplying tissues and vitamin C.

Laura was sick and basically sleeping right at my feet, and I'd nudge her and she'd whine to make Mezzo go instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.