Head for Analytics

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Politics - On Jason Kenney

Politics - On Jason Kenney

On Jason Kenney, and Dignity.

"Why would I never support Jason Kenney?" I was asked today.

I'll explain it as clearly and concisely as I can. I will NEVER support a politician who worked in a movement that advocated for denying gay men the right to visit their own dying spouses.

There is a myriad of other reasons, but that one sticks out the most for me. I don't believe he's changed. I think that is the kind of action that is irredeemable. You do not get a say as an outside party in the practices of another person's systems of grief and mourning, or to deny them their final opportunities with other people. It is reprehensible.

No amount of 'he might be good for the economy' will undo that bloodstain. You cannot equate money, with ethics. As someone who has spent a lot of time studying and writing about ethics, once you begin to allow that compromise, your values will erode.

I will go so far as to say that anyone who supports Kenney, their values are so far removed from mine I have nothing to say to you. Not now. Not ever.

No amount of propaganda from CBC about his 'favourite snack is movie popcorn' will erase the absolute horror in my heart for every person ever affected by his callousness with their personal grief.

Edit:
Citation. https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/kzvnea/alberta-ucp-leader-jason-kenneys-anti-gay-speech-surfaces-on-world-aids-day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.