Head for Analytics

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Letters - 7 / 15 Dear First Love

Letters - 7 / 15 Dear First Love

Dear First Love,



It was a long time ago. We were kids. Sometimes I see your posts on social media, facebook or instagram. I never like or respond, and I know you don’t do the same for me either. I’m afraid of opening up old wounds. Are there old wounds? I don’t even really know. I know I messaged once, I guess almost ten years ago now. Never heard back. And I didn’t want to push it.



We grew up into such different people, hey? Or maybe we didn’t, and maybe we just never really knew each other at that time. I find it hard to remember a lot of detail about us. I wonder if it’s the same for you. I have these specific sensory memories, but not what we used to talk about, or what adventures we had, things we saw wandering the city or movies we watched.

I don’t remember well cards we used to play, or lunches, or anything.

That’s not exactly true. But the details, the feelings, the words...they all spiral out into these ephemeral feelings that drift away. It seems...so long ago.

But I do remember slow dancing that final night, couldn’t tell you the song, but the feel of your dress, and your fingers at my neck.

It was so easy to be silent after that.

Lester

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.