Head for Analytics

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Letters - 10 / 15 Dear Future Child

Letters - 10 / 15 Dear Future Child

Dear Future Child,

It is a strange thing, to sit here and pen this letter not knowing anything of you. Or truth be told, if you even will be. At least at this moment in time. I will disclose to you, at the moment I am writing this letter, I know nothing of the potential partner that is my other half, nor is there a prospect of one at the moment, so I shall write this with that in mind.



I don’t know what the world holds for you tomorrow. As I write this, things are looking bleak. The race of humans is tempermental, capricious, and selfish. At a time in history when the world should be closer, and more understanding, and more communicative with each other than ever before, we are instead standing at a tipping point that is bewildering.

I want you to know that I believe in you, and will always support you. As my parents have supported me, and I’m sure they also support you. Unconditionally, and forever. Blood, real or bonded, matters the most, and I’m sure I will, and do love you.

Be upright, be courageous, and honorable. Be ruthless, but fair. Speak honestly, and think on your responsibility not only to yourself, but to your community, your people, and whatsoever tribes you choose to identify and align yourself with. The greatest advice ever passed to me was that the greatest show of character is to do the right thing, even when nobody's looking or will ever know. Because you will know, and you will be the one who must look in the mirror every morning.

I love you,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.