Head for Analytics

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Letters - 4 / 15 Dear Dad

Letters - 4 / 15 Dear Dad

Dear Dad,



We fight all the time, and I think we fight because we love each other. But we don’t understand each other. I think the nature of why we fight is because you see the how, you intrinsically understand how things are done, how people are done, how to make money, how to conduct life. And for some reason, I often don’t care about how. I trust that the how will take care of itself, even though I often stumble in the execution. Instead, I’m obsessed with why. I ask why, all the time, I need to understand, I want to see why humans arrive at what they do.

This must be baffling to you. You look at outcomes, and see results. I want to see possibilities, and correct for chances and maybes. I think that’s why we always end up fighting. And I think that doesn’t really matter, because for you, it’s always about how we end up fighting.

With love, and questions
Your son

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.