Head for Analytics

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dreams - Don't

Don't - Dreams


A vivid dream I remember well, with arms wrapped around my chest I could just barely smell the scent of her.  It was a moment outside myself, as I felt the contact of someone so other and akin to me.



From every gesture, the tightening of muscles in her arms as they pressed, and the warmth of breath.

"You don't need me," she murmured.

And my heart broke, she was right.  But the telling was not made the easier for the truth in her words.

Would never be made the easier.

I awoke with a start, scant but three hours later, and lay awake a long time into the early morning.  My mind tried to betray itself but I could not forget her, her touch, or the haunted words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.