Head for Analytics

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Musings - Home

Musings - Home

"Hey so are you all settled in yet?  Got the new place feeling like home?"

Sometimes, privately and in the wee hours of the night I worry that nowhere will ever really feel like home.  I'm all settled in, unpacked and have all my 'stuff', but this isn't home.  Actually where I sleep hasn't felt like home in years. They are just places, and space.  Space to be confined by, defined by, and secreted away from the world in.

With the advent of the internet, I take the friends who want to be a part of my life with me.  I rarely go a week without hearing Patrick's voice, my parents and sister call, my other friends leave messages on facebook, skype, twitter or my phone.  I generally know the best way of getting in contact with most of my friends, and the ones who know...well they know I can always be found on most communication systems.

And the friends who are too busy, or don't want to communicate won't.  That's the way life goes isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.