Head for Analytics

Monday, April 28, 2014

Poetry - Dark Sonnet - By Neil Gaiman

Poetry - Dark Sonnet - By Neil Gaiman

Dark Sonnet by Neil Gaiman


I don’t think that I’ve been in love as such,
although I liked a few folk pretty well.
Love must be vaster than my smiles or touch, for brave men died and empires rose and fell.
For love, girls follow boys to foreign lands, and men have followed women into hell.
In plays and poems someone understands, there’s something makes us more than blood and bone.
And more than biological demands for me love’s like the wind unseen, unknown.
I see the trees are bending where it’s been.
I know that it leaves wreckage where it’s blown.
I really don’t know what "I love you" means.
I think it means don’t leave me here alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be screened for content.