Head for Analytics

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Quotes - Hayao Miyazaki - On Romance

Quotes - Hayao Miyazaki - On Romance

I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live– if I’ m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.

- Hayao Miyazaki




I don't know why this resonated with me so much on a quiet evening tonight, but it did.  I have a tremendous number of relationships with women (and with other guys too I suppose) with which I feel no inclination towards romance.  Instead these friends, who grace my life in small steps, in glimmering moments and memories have always inspired me to live my life more fully, more radically, and more lovingly.

The memory of their imprint in my life I remember well, I reflect with a sense of wonder that the strands of time and space allowed us to meet and exchange ideas, opinions, dreams, and then we left one another's spheres of space.

I like Miyazaki's take tremendously.

I wonder if through my passings and travels I've ever inspired anyone else to live?

It's a nice thought.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Honey K

    I'm glad to know you find my blog interesting! There may not always be regular updates, but I like to write with a sense of whimsy and wonder. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be screened for content.